What are 10 African animals?
10 of the best African animals
- 1 Grevy’s Zebras in Kenya.
- 2 Honey badgers in Zimbabwe.
- 3 Antelopes in Zambia.
- 4 Brown hyenas in Namibia.
- 5 Pangolins in South Africa.
- 6 Baboons in The Gambia.
- 7 Dugongs in Mozambique.
- 8 Lemurs in Madagascar.
What animal kills humans the most?
|Animal||Humans killed per year|
|2||Humans (homicides only)||475,000|
What animal is only found in Africa?
1. African Civet. The African Civet is the largest of its species and resides in sub-Saharan Africa. It’s an unusual-looking mammal that has a face that’s similar to a raccoon, a long cat-like body and spotted fur.
What is Africa’s main animal?
Africa is home to many of the world’s most famous fauna in human culture such as lions‚ rhinos‚ cheetahs‚ giraffes‚ hippos, leopards, zebras‚ and African elephants among many others.
What kind of animal starts with the letter U?
African animal beginning with U Uromastyx. These animals are spiny-tailed lizards found in Africa and are active during daylight time. Usually, Uromastyx eat plants or seeds.
What kind of animal starts with the letter J?
African animal beginning with J Jackal. These far away relatives of the wolves are crepuscular, being most active at dawn and dusk. They are scavengers and hunters of small animals. In oriental mythology jackals are clever sorcerers, while in Egyptian religion they are Gods of the afterlife.
What kind of animal starts with the letter W?
African animal beginning with W Wildebeest (also called a Gnu) A relative of the bull, the wildebeest or the Gnu is a large game animal. Wildebeest are killed for food, especially for making the Southern African delicacy biltong (dried game meat).
What kind of animal starts with the letter Y?
African animal beginning with Y Yellow Mongoose. Close relatives of Meerkats, Yellow Mongooses are very attentive little creatures, also using a sentinel to keep eye on eventual predators, such as birds of prey. They eat insects, small rodents and birds.
What are 4 animals that are only found in Africa?
Top 10 Amazing Animals Found only in Africa
- 10 Greater Kudu.
- 9 Ostrich.
- 8 Okapi.
- 7 Galago.
- 6 Shoebill.
- 5 Mantled Guereza.
- 4 Grey Crowned Crane.
- 3 Wildebeest.
What are different animals in Africa?
What Animals Live In Africa?
- Giraffe. The giraffe is the world’s tallest animal, and well known for its long legs and neck.
- Hippopotamus. After the elephant and the rhino, the hippopotamus is the world’s third largest land mammal.
- African Elephants.
- Western Green Mamba.
- White Rhinoceros.